Summer has been really, exceptionally good to us. The whole myth about it going so quickly? Not applicable to this summer, at least for me. I had a full four months of warm weather and facetime with my babies. It was glorious.
Pardon my conceit here, too, but I SHREDDED my to-do list this summer.
And this is my blog so I get to
brag about it thank God for all that.
– Did some good crafting
– Went to the Discovery Museum
– took the Incline Railroad up to Point Park
– took an impromptu trip to Stevenson, AL
– went to Lake Winnie
– picnicked along the Ocoee
– went on a fantastic creek hike around Dayton, TN
– showed them how to do a puppet show which, you think, yah gurl, amazing! Did you tie your own shoes everyday, too? But it was a really good puppet show. You shoulda seen it. Trust me. Epic cast and plotline.
– Went on several dates while we visited our parents. Best was watching “Sixteen Candles” outside in Ann Arbor.
– Saw Sara Bareilles
– Supported each other doing what we each like to do
– Went to Savannah (x2)
– Went to the Midwest
– Went to the Christian Writer’s Conference
MAH HOBBIES and STUFF
– Revamped this here blog
– Read 4 books (like, 4 more than I read the whole school year)
– Revised my book manuscript and got it to a good place
– Finished the proposal for said book, revised it 3 times (oy!)
– Went to the gym on the reg
I should probably talk about my walk with the Lord here and rattle off all the things I learned and all the books of the Bible I read. It’s a different approach, though. Less of a plow-through. More of a climb. A stumbling climb. Thankful for a God who gave me a vacation from work, when He never takes one from work.